Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Tight security at Cui’s burial

BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Mourners join the call for justice for the death of provincial consultant Mariano Antonio Cui during his burial at a family museum in San Carlos City on Tuesday* CCTO photo

Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson said yesterday that the tight security at the burial of provincial consultant Mariano Antonio “Marton” Cui in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental on Tuesday, was not for him, or any other public officials.

Lacson, who attended the burial with other government officials and thousands of supporters, said it was requested by the family of Cui.

Asked if he also got threats before and after the death of Cui on April 12, Lacson answered in the negative.

Mourners, meanwhile, joined the call for justice in the killing of Cui, who was laid to rest Tuesday at the family mausoleum in the San Carlos City memorial park.

A week after his killing, authorities have yet to establish a breakthrough in their investigations as to the identities of the perpetrators and the motive behind the shooting.

The San Carlos City Sangguniang Panlungsod earlier offered a P100,000 reward to hasten the case.

Lacson said that he will request an update from Col. Romy Palgue, provincial police director of Negros Occidental, on the progress of their investigations.

Cui was shot dead last week as he was leaving his office at the city’s Emerald Arcade.

The gunmen were believed to have used sniper rifles and hit Cui twice in the neck, before escaping in two unmarked vehicles.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

May 2021
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.