Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Poor households affected by lockdowns to get aid

BY ADRIAN P. NEMES III

Households that have been affected by granular lockdowns in Bacolod City will receive assistance, worth P18 million, soon.

This was after the list of about 6,000 low-income-earner families, who were locked down from Sept. 11 to Dec. 29 last year, was submitted to the Emergency Operations Center for approval, Department of Social Services and Development head, Pacita Tero, said.

Once the EOC has approved the list, it will be forwarded to the Department of Social Welfare and Development 6, Tero said.

The national DSWD will then schedule the release of P6,000 assistance to each beneficiary, she said.

Tero said this is on top of the cash aid initially distributed through the Social Amelioration Program and the Department of Labor and Employment.

Several residents of Bacolod, who were not able to receive cash grants but were wait-listed under the Bayanihan Act 2 law, will also receive this assistance.

Last month, the DSSD was able to distribute P8,352,000 in cash subsidy to 1,392 qualified residents, who each received P6,000 in cash, through their respective barangays. Some P31.1 million in cash aid was set to be distributed to 5,185 residents, but the regional DSWD downloaded only P10.2 million for 1,700 qualified Bacolod residents.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

June 2021
M T W T F S S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.