BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN
The 11 kilos of suspected shabu seized by the police in a series of anti-drug operations this week in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, Cebu City, and in Sibulan, Negros Oriental, with total market value of P75.2 million, came from only one source, San Carlos police chief, Maj. Mark Angelo Junco, yesterday said.
Junco said the confiscated shabu reportedly came from an inmate at a penal colony in Mindanao, who had used San Carlos City in Negros Occidental as transit point in the transport of illegal drugs.
A joint operation of the police and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency in Brgy. 1 poblacion, San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, on Sept. 21 led to the confiscation of two kilos of suspected shabu, worth P13.9 million, and the arrest of a High Value Target (HVT) drug personality.
A day earlier, two kilos of “shabu”, worth P13.7 million, were also seized by the police from a drug suspect, who was killed during a buy-bust operation in Sibulan, Negros Oriental.
Junco said the two anti-drug operations in San Carlos City and Sibulan were a follow-up to the confiscation of seven kilos of “shabu” from three suspects arrested in Cebu City Sunday.
The seven kilos were reported by the police to have been picked up from a ship from San Carlos City that docked at the Toledo port in Cebu.
Junco said they received intelligence reports that 12 kilos of shabu were brought to San Carlos City for distribution, of which 11 kilos had been seized.
Col. Romy Palgue, acting provincial police director of Negros Occidental, ordered tight security at all entry points, not only in San Carlos City, but also in other ports of the province, to prevent the entry of illegal drugs.*