NegOr has ten new Covid positive cases

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

BY JUDY PARTLOW

Negros Oriental recorded 10 new coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases.

This brought to 39 the total active Covid-19 cases in the province during the weekend, assistant provincial health officer, Dr. Liland Estacion, said in a press briefing yesterday.

Estacion, also the chair of the committee on health of the provincial Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, said they received from a testing facility in Cebu City Saturday the latest swab test results, which include the 10 positive cases, along with four repeat infections, and 83 negatives.

The latest Covid patients are six locally stranded individuals (LSIs) from Mabinay, a mother and son from Sibulan, a returning overseas Filipino from Jimalalud, and an LSI from Canlaon City, Estacion said.

She said records from the Provincial Health Office showed that from March to date, the province has 91 Covid positive cases, to include three deaths, 49 recoveries, and 39 active infections.

There is still no local transmission of the coronavirus in the province, Estacion said.

However, massive contact tracing is now being done following a report that a family of four from Barangay Boloc-boloc, Sibulan, two of whom are among the new infections, had a history of travel in Bacolod City.

The family went there on July 1 to process the papers of one of the children who was scheduled to leave for abroad.

They returned within 24 hours but were not quarantined or isolated, something that Estacion said must be explained today as concerned authorities and agencies are digging deeper into the incident.

She said two of the family members, the mother and the son, were among the new positive cases while the father is now at a private hospital in Dumaguete City and the other child had already left for the United States.

The mother is an allied health worker of the provincial government who is assigned in Sibulan, San Jose and Amlan towns, which are now the subject of massive contact tracing because the woman had visited these areas since their return from Bacolod City, Estacion said.

It was not immediately known whether a local lockdown shall be recommended in the subdivision where the family is residing but Estacion has assured that there will be an update by today.*

MORE STORIES

Ready Article by date

October 2020
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031