BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN
Negros Occidental will remain under the Modified General Community Quarantine status until Feb. 28 this year, Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson said in Executive Order No. 21-05 that he issued yesterday.
Lacson added that the province had 6,643 confirmed Covid cases, with 6,320 recoveries, 115 active infections, and 208 deaths, as of Jan. 26.
He said that because of the rising number of cases in the country, there is still a need to place Negros Occidental under MGCQ.
The Philippines had 518,407 positive cases, as of Jan. 27.
Meanwhile, the Provincial Incident Management Team reported no new cases in Kabankalan City, Sipalay City, Valladolid, and San Enrique.
Silay City has the most number of active cases with 17, followed by San Carlos City – 10, and Cadiz City – 9. Negros Occidental had been placed under MGCQ, the least restrictive quarantine status, since June.*