Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Mayor tests Covid negative; City Hall lockdown extended

          Kabankalan City Mayor Pedro Zayco said yesterday that he tested negative for COVID-19 infection.

          But the lockdown of the Kabankalan City Hall in Negros Occidental has been extended to Nov. 25, pending its disinfection and decontamination, in compliance with the advice of the Department of Interior and Local Government, Zayco said.

          However, all government offices outside of City Hall will remain open for regular transactions.

          As of Nov. 21, Kabankalan City has 54 active out of 427 confirmed COVID cases, with 366 recoveries and seven deaths.

          Zayco said the city budget officer also tested negative for COVID-19, based on the test result that came out Saturday.

          The Kabankalan City Hall had been placed on lockdown since Nov. 20 after 18 of its employees tested positive for the virus, with one already dead.

          Once regular operations resume on Nov. 26, Zayco said he will allow only 50 percent of the City Hall work force to report for duty, while others will be allowed to work from home.

          He added that they will strictly enforce the wearing of face masks and face shields in all government offices.

          Aside from himself, Zayco reported that 127 other City Hall employees and locally stranded individuals underwent swab testing last week, with more to follow.*GPB

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

April 2021
M T W T F S S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Dear Visayan Daily Star readers:

Great news!!! VisayanDailyStar.com is finally back.

Register to get a headstart on the exclusive content and benefits.