Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Follow health protocols, city urges resorts

BY ADRIAN P. NEMES III

The Bacolod City Emergency Operations Center reiterated its warning that sanctions await resorts and other establishments found violating the guidelines on minimum health protocols against Covid-19.

The warning was issued after a resort in Bacolod, investigated for holding a foam party with pictures that went viral on social media, voluntarily ceased operations last week.

Vice Mayor El Cid Familiaran said the City Legal Office went to Dinmark Resort in Brgy. Pahanocoy on Jan. 22 to conduct an investigation.

But the management of the resort had already decided to temporarily stop operations  two days before that, Familiaran said.

Dinnis Parcon, the owner of the resort, said they decided to stop operation for delicadeza after the foam party they held went viral on social media.

Parcon said they had their grand opening on Jan. 15, that was kicked off by a thanksgiving mass followed by dinner among family members, friends, closed relatives, and incorporators, and the foam party was not intended for the public.

He said protocols had been observed like social distancing while attendees had masks although some had none since the area is open and it was very windy that time.

The video that circulated on social media showed that the attendees had no masks, were dancing close to each other, and sharing food.

Parcon said the issue could have been triggered by jealousy among their competitors, who took the video and purposely uploaded it on social media to put their establishment in a bad light.

Dr. Chris Sorongon, EOC deputy for medical and data analysis, said they noted a lot of violations when they saw the video of the foam party.

Sorongon said the resort was able to secure a permit for the opening of the resort from the barangay but the foam party was not mentioned.

NO PERMIT

Sorongon added that, according to the Business Permit and Licensing Office, the resort has no permit, hence, the recommendation for its closure.

Parcon said they are now working on their permit so they could operate again and provide jobs for residents near the resort.

To prevent similar incidents from happening again, the EOC met with the BPLO, the National Bureau of Investigation and other agencies recently.

Sorongon said they also met with operators of the Business Process Outsourcing firms to reiterate the observance of minimum health protocols among their employees.

The EOC has been inspecting a lot of resorts in Bacolod, especially because there are complaints that these establishments are admitting minors, he said. Most of the resorts are compliant with the EOC order but many are not, especially those that are located in Brgy. Punta Taytay, Sorongon added.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

June 2021
M T W T F S S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.