BY ADRIAN P. NEMES III
An overheated electrical installation triggered a residential fire past 8 a.m. Saturday in Purok Seaside, Brgy. Tangub, Bacolod City.
The fire reached first alarm status and was put out at about 8:54 a.m. It destroyed four houses and damaged three others, the Bureau of Fire Protection reported, adding that initial damage was placed at P70,000.
Initial investigation conducted by Fire Officer 2 Roy Malunes showed that the blaze originated from the house of Gerardo Rocellio, and easily spread and destroyed the nearby houses of Nida Tabanao, Jarred Layad, and Crispin Aguirre that were made of light materials.
Meanwhile, the houses of Emelita Magnabe, Romel Lisondato, and Ernesto Ligero were damaged.
The BFP reported no casualty or injury from the fire.*