Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email

Delinquent taxpayers to get 28% in savings

BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN

Delinquent real property taxpayers, who may enter into compromise agreements under the proposed tax relief ordinance of the provincial government of Negros Occidental, will gain a 28 percent savings from their tax obligations, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said yesterday.

Diaz, who met yesterday with members of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan Committee on Finance to discuss the proposed ordinance, said that it will be a “win-win” solution for the provincial government and the taxpayers.

Under the proposal, real property owners will be required to pay 20 percent of their tax obligations, with the remaining 80 percent to be paid within 24 months, either on monthly or quarterly basis, depending on the restructured plans.

Diaz said that the period of availment will start as soon as the ordinance is approved by the SP.

“To those who may not be able to do so because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we will give them until September, or December, to enter into compromise agreements, or the deadline will depend on the wisdom of the SP,” he added. As of December last year, he said, the tax collectibles of the province was reduced from P2.8 billion to P2.5 billion, as the provincial government is giving a 20-percent discount for prompt and advanced payments, Diaz said.*

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
ARCHIVES

Read Article by date

May 2021
M T W T F S S
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  

Get your copy of the Visayan Daily Star everyday!

Avail of the FREE 30-day trial.