BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN
Covid cases in Negros Occidental appeared to have slowed down in the past three days, with 122 recoveries compared to 22 new cases recorded as of April 25, Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson said yesterday.
Records of the Provincial Incident Management Team showed that Covid-19 cases dropped to 1,909 on April 25, from a peak of 2,277 on April 19.
The almost daily cases in triple digits came after the provincial government of Negros Occidental implemented Resolution 101 of the national Inter-Agency Task Force that no longer requires mandatory testing and quarantine for arrivals to the province on March 15.
“I’m just hoping that this trend will continue,” Lacson said.
He, however, stressed the need for vigilance among Negrenses, and to continue strictly following the minimum health protocols.
He said that he is also happy to note that returning Negrenses voluntarily availed of swabbing upon arrival at the Bacolod-Silay airport, or seaports of Negros Occidental.
Lacson also said the 4-day work scheme at Capitol will continue until such time that the numbers will go down to a level similar to what had been recorded two-and-a half months ago. He also said that the Capitol employees infected by the virus are getting well.*