BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN
Personnel sent by the Police Regional Office 6 to Cebu City to help enforce quarantine regulations in the fight against the spread of Covid-19 are now back in Western Visayas.
Of the PRO 6 contingent sent to Cebu on June 18, only 42 arrived yesterday at the Iloilo port as nine of them are still in Cebu on quarantine.
Two of those who are still in Cebu tested positive for the virus, while seven others were identified to have close contact with them, regional police spokesperson, Lt. Col. Joem Malong, said.
The returning 42 WV police personnel, led by Maj. Antonio Benitez, former Sagay City police chief, were accorded honors by the PRO 6, led by Col. Ross Alvarado, deputy regional director for Operations, upon their arrival at Port San Pedro in Iloilo City.
Following the protocols for travelers, Malong said that the 42 personnel were immediately checked in the triage manned by the Regional Health Service 6, and ferried to the different quarantine facilities nearest their residences as arranged earlier by the PNP regional headquarters.
She added that Police Lt. Ryan Orleans was tasked to supervise the remaining personnel in Cebu City and will be travelling back to Iloilo as soon as they are cleared for travel.
Personnel infected with the virus will receive Medalyas ng Kadakilaan, while other members of the PRO6 contingent will also be conferred with Medalyas ng Kagalingan, Brig. Gen. Rene Pamuspusan, regional police director of Western Visayas, said in a statement issued by PRO6.
Malong said that after completing their 14-day quarantine, they will be reassigned back to their respective units.
The PRO6 contingent had been assigned in Cebu City for about 75 days.*