447 OFWs served by help desk

A total of 447 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) were repatriated and have returned to Negros Oriental amid the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) pandemic with the help of the Dumaguete City help desk.

READ MORE »

Lawyer misleading public: Diaz

Lawyer Roxenne Sumanting was terminated as an employee of the Negros Occidental Provincial Legal Office after having been found guilty of two counts of falsification of official documents and two counts of dishonesty based on substantial evidence, the decision approved by Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson shows.

READ MORE »

4 nabbed, shabu seized

Four more drug suspects were arrested by the police in separate buy-bust operations in Negros Occidental, that also resulted in the confiscation of P97,000 worth of suspected shabu.

READ MORE »

IN WESTERN VISAYAS | VAWC cases drop 35%

The Police Regional Office 6 reported yesterday a 35 percent drop in number of Violence Against Women and Children cases in Western Visayas, with a crime solution efficiency of 85.07 percent from January to September this year compared to the same period last year.

READ MORE »

Bacolod BAC office closed for disinfection

The Office of the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) at the Bacolod City Government Center has been closed since Monday for disinfection after one of its staff tested positive for COVID-19, City Administrator Em Ang said yesterday.

READ MORE »
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on email
Email
MORE STORIES

He wouldn’t wear a mask

As soon as I turned on the TV yesterday, the headline struck me: “President Trump tests positive for coronavirus”! What? The President of the United States had no immunity against the most fearsome virus to ever hit the world? Alas, this one has no respect for rank or material possessions. Remember it had , as one of its earliest victims, the head of the United Kingdom who, luckily, survived it. Now we have to wait and see how President Trump and his medical specialist will deal with this.

OPD at CLMMRH to reopen Wednesday

The Out-Patient Department of the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in Bacolod City will resume operations on Wednesday, Dr. Julius Drilon, CLMMRH chief, said yesterday.

1 at BQMH virus positive

One of 28 employees of the Bacolod Queen of Mercy Hospital in Bacolod City tested positive for COVID-19, BQMH medical director, Dr. John Alejano, said yesterday.