About 144 job order (JO) employees of the San Carlos City government started undergoing surveillance testing using rapid anti-body test yesterday, at the city’s swab testing area in Barangay Rizal.
Dr. Jessa Tiapon, Emergency Operations Center health cluster leader, said the city government prioritized JOs from barangays II, III, VI, Rizal, and Punao and will add those from barangays I, V and Palampas depending on the availability of test kits, a press release from the city said.
She added that results will be released within the day and if the rapid anti-body test result turns positive, the individual will then be swabbed.
The move to have the JOs undergo testing was mandated through Memorandum Circular No. 01 series of 2021, issued by City Mayor Renato Gustilo, to ensure the safety of employees.
In the memo, only JOs who live in High-Risk Areas (HRAs) and properly identified and recommended by the City EOC, through the Data Management Cluster, shall be tested, the press release said.
Non-cooperation shall be dealt with accordingly, pursuant to Republic Act 11332, or the Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act, and/or revocation of the job order, it added.
Gustilo also talked to residents of Brgy. Rizal, especially those under house care, or bedridden individuals Monday, and appealed for their cooperation in the city’s efforts against Covid-19.
He asked them to undergo swab testing since they are the most vulnerable and susceptible sector to the viral disease, adding that if they test positive, they will be taken care of by the government.
Gustilo said it is important to identify individuals who are Covid positive so immediate health intervention can be made and further transmission avoided. He added that members of the households of these individuals will also be provided with assistance and food packs while on quarantine.
Joe Recalex Alingasa Jr., Local Disaster Risk Reduction Management officer and Covid-19 EOC manager, who was also present during the meeting, explained the risks of ignoring government’s call or non-cooperation, under RA 11332, that include imprisonment and fines.
Gustilo said he is hopeful that since the right information had already been conveyed to residents, they will now cooperate and submit themselves to the needed swab testing for their own welfare, the press release said.
The EOC decided to have all bedridden individuals in every barangay undergo swab testing because of the rise of mortality from the sector and those who tested positive during post-mortem swabs.
The meeting was also attended by Rizal Barangay Captain David Logarta, local officials and health workers.*