BY GILBERT P. BAYORAN
Twelve more employees of the provincial government of Negros Occidental tested positive for Covid-19, and Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson said the four-day work scheme at the Capitol will continue.
Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz, who tested negative for Covid, said he and Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Ernell Tumimbang, will ask the administrative officers of each Capitol departments to identify employees, who were absent because they were not feeling well, so that they can be swabbed, to avoid the possible spread of the virus.
Of the infected employees, seven are assigned at the Provincial Administrator’s Office, two at the PHO, and one at the Provincial Legal Office, Lacson said.
The disinfection of affected offices also continued yesterday.
The two others infected with the virus are assigned at the Teresita Lopez Jalandoni Provincial Hospital in Silay City, Diaz also said.
He said the four-day work arrangement will be maintained in order not to cripple the delivery of services to the general public.
As of May 2, Negros Occidental logged 2,224 active cases. Lacson said that while the recoveries were in triple digits, the new active cases were also in triple figures.
Last week, the Department of Health-6 classified Negros Occidental as a low risk area for Covid-19 after the cases went below 2,000, and its daily attack rate percentage also decreased.
Lacson said he is giving local chief executives the decision to implement other precautionary measures suited to their areas, in the continuous fight against the coronavirus disease. Meanwhile, the Cadiz City Health Office was temporarily closed for disinfection starting yesterday, until further notice, as posted on the official FB page of the city government.*